The City Clerk's Office processes applications for the following types of liquor licenses.
Regular Liquor Licenses
The Regular Liquor License application process begins with the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses.
Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses
800 West Washington, Fifth Floor
Phoenix, AZ 85007
- After your application has been accepted by the Department of Liquor Licenses, they will send the City a copy of your application. The City has 60 days to make a recommendation of approval, disapproval, or no recommendation.
- City Clerk's staff will send the applicant a letter requesting a City nonrefundable application processing fee which currently is $354 (amount adjusted every July per the CPI). If the application is for a new liquor license in the City of Prescott, we will also request the annual permit fee. If the application is received after July 1, the amount is prorated (one-half).
- Following receipt of the application processing fee and the annual fee (new license only), staff will post a liquor license application notice and a copy of the application at the business site. This is left in place for 20 days. Staff will come back and remove the notice and application once the hearing is held. During the posting time, a letter will be sent to the applicant informing them of the Council meeting dates at which their application will be considered. It is imperative the applicant or a representative attend the meeting at which the application public hearing is held.
- Following the approval, disapproval or no recommendation decision by the Prescott City Council, staff will send the recommendation to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses. They will make a final recommendation on the application.
Annual City Fees
- The City of Prescott charges an annual liquor license permit fee. The billing is sent approximately December 1 and is due by December 31; the permit is good for the following year. A liquor license will be mailed to you after we have received your renewal and this must be displayed along with your other business permits and licenses.
- The City of Prescott annual permit fees for the various liquor license series are: (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009)
|Series Type||Annual Fee|
|6||All Spirituous Liquor Bar||$662.00|
|7||Beer & Wine Bar||$354.00|
|10||Beer & Wine Store||$266.00|
|Liquor License Application Fee||$354.00|
|Special Events Fee (Per Day)||$62.00|
Special Event Licenses (NEW DEADLINES)
Current Application Form No. Lic 0106 05/2004 (see lower left hand corner of first page).
The application form is available from the City Clerk's Office at 201 S. Cortez Street, Prescott or can be copied from the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses website.
- The City of Prescott fee per day for a Special Event Liquor License is currently $62. (This amount is adjusted every July to the CPI)
- The Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses fee per day is $25.00.
- Fill out all the Sections. Please Note - Section 18 and 19 must both be filled out and notarized, even if the Officer and Applicant is the same person. We can notarize signatures here at the City Clerk's Office if that is convenient for you. Please don't sign until you are in the presence of the Notary.
- Please submit two checks with your completed application
<80><93> One check made out to the City of Prescott (currently $62 per day) and the second check made out to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses (currently $25 per day).
- Return the application and two checks to the City Clerk's Office. We will process the application and you will then receive two liquor licenses in the mail, one from the City of Prescott and one from the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses prior to the date of the event. Both licenses must be on display at the event in the area the alcohol is being sold.
- Please allow 60 - 90 days to process your application. More time is appreciated.
Note: If the Special Event is being held at an establishment that has an existing liquor license, a letter must accompany the application stating the business will suspend their liquor sales during the time of the Special Event.
Additional Note: If the Special Event is being held on City property, such as at Watson Lake Park or in the Grace Sparkes Memorial Activity Center, or it requires city personnel assistance, such as barricades or Police Officers, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 928-777-1552 first.
If you have any questions, please contact the Deputy Clerk at 928-777-1313 or the City Clerk at 928-777-1272.
Extension of Premisis
Current Application Form No. LIC 0105 05/06 (see lower left hand corner).
The application form is available from the City Clerk's Office at 201 S. Cortez Street, Prescott, or it can be printed off the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses website.
- Fill out the Application for Extension of Premises/Patio Permit for a temporary or a permanent extension.
- Turn the form in to the City Clerk's Office.
- A floor plan showing the current licensed premises and proposed temporary or permanent extension area must be included with the application.
- If the application is for a permanent extension, please contact the City Building Department for their review and permits.
- The City Clerk staff will sign the form with a recommendation and will then send the form to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control.
- There is no fee for this type of application.
All forms can be printed off the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control website. Click on Licensing Forms on the right side of the screen and select the appropriate form you wish to print.