Annual Cleanup 2017
The City of Prescott Solid Waste Division will provide a residential cleanup to help households dispose of items too big for regular trash pickup.
City crews will pass through neighbourhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
The following dates are for the 2017 Annual Cleanup:
- Monday routes March 27th*
- Tuesday routes April 3rd*
- Wednesday routes April 10th*
- Thursday routes April 17th*
- Friday routes April 24th*
*All items must be placed on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Monday of the pickup week. The earliest material can be placed out for collection is the Monday before the scheduled pickup, or seven (7) days before pickup will begin. Materials must be bagged, boxed, and/or bundled; and be no longer than four () feet and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
Appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC's (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC's have been evacuated.
Annual Cleanup Rules
- All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
- Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four foot (4’) lengths and tied.
- Items must not weigh more than 75 pounds.
- Appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC’s (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated. Compressors and motors must be removed.
- No tires, oil or lead acid type batteries will be collected.
- No liquid paint, pesticides or other household hazardous wastes will be collected. Residents should take these items to the City of Prescott Transfer Station, 2800 Sundog Ranch Road on March 20, 2016, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
Items not eligible for pickup
- Auto batteries
- Household hazardous materials (paints, pesticides, oil, etc.)
- Concrete, blocks, brick, asphalt, stone or dirt
- CFC containing appliances without certificates
There are limits to the volume of material eligible for collection. Please call if you have questions before placing material out for this collection. For more information, please call 928-777-1116.
Christmas Tree Collection
The Solid Waste Division will be performing a curbside Christmas Tree Collection.
The City of Prescott Solid Waste Division will pass through each City neighborhood one time only, the week of January 9th through January 13th.
Please have trees curbside by 6 a.m. on your normal collection day and cleared of all ornaments and stands.
City of Prescott residential solid waste customers may also dispose of their live Christmas trees at the Transfer Station for free anytime after Christmas Day through Saturday January 21st.
No plastic trees will be picked up during this collection.
For information, please call 928-777-1116.