The City of Prescott Transfer Station is located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road, just north of Prescott Lakes Parkway, off Highway 89 and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Items accepted include: household garbage, construction debris, brush, furniture, appliances, yard waste. Items that are NOT accepted at the Transfer Station include: tires; household hazardous waste (pesticides, turpentine, etc.); paint; anything containing asbestos; appliances that contain CFC's (Freon) unless accompanied by certificate from a licensed professional that the Freon has been evacuated; car batteries; any toxic or hazardous material. For any questions regarding the Transfer Station please call 928-777-1116.
Transfer Station Fees
Prices at the Transfer Station are calculated by the weight of the items disposed of. There is a $5.00 minimum charge, with the following fee schedule:
- All vehicles - $59/ton
- Clean inert debris (concrete, asphalt, dirt, rock) can be disposed of for $15 per ton
- Appliances can be disposed of for $3.00 per appliance with a certificate of Freon removal, if applicable
- Used motor oil and antifreeze accepted at no charge for recycling from individuals- no businesses
- Empty and flattened cardboard boxes, newspapers, magazines, aluminum and metal food cans can be deposited in the recycling dumpsters located outside the Transfer Station at no charge, at any time.
- Tires can be disposed of at the Yavapai County Tire Yard that is located just south of the Transfer Station. The first five passenger tires per year are free. There is a charge for additional tires or heavier tires. For more information please call Yavapai County Public Works at 928-771-3183.
- The Prescott City Code requires that any load coming into the Transfer Station be contained and covered. All uncovered loads will be assessed a fee at the scale house.
- Customers with uncovered or unsecured loads will not be permitted to secure the load and reenter the Transfer Station on the same day, and will be asked to return with a properly covered or secured load at a minimum of 24 hours later. This is an effort to reduce debris on the roads and highways in and around the City.