Public Safety Fully Operational
The City of Prescott is experiencing a winter storm that has already produced down trees, sporadic power outages and extremely hazardous driving conditions. These conditions are expected to remain throughout the day today. Due to these conditions, there will be reduced service levels for some City departments. Here are some updates:
- Public safety operations are fully functioning. Please avoid travel on the roads today, if possible, to keep streets clear for emergency vehicles.
- Solid waste collection has been suspended for February 7, 2024. The City transfer station will also be closed today. Additional updates or changes will be posted on the website PrescottRecycles.com and on the City of Prescott Facebook and Instagram.
- Utility Billing is open today until 5 p.m. with reduced staffing, but citizens are urged to use online bill payment options. For Utility Billing questions, call 928-777-1291. As a reminder, you can pay your bills online at Pay Your Bill – City of Prescott AZ (prescott-az.gov)
- Community Development service counter is open with limited staff.
- City Clerk’s office will suspend notary services and will not be taking appointments on February 7, 2024.
- Prescott Police lobby is open with limited staff for records or other non-emergency requests, call ahead. 928-777-1900.
- Prescott Public Library will open from 12 noon to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 7. For Library information and updates, call 928-777-1500 or log on to Prescottlibrary.info for updates and to use your online Library services.
The Mayor’s Veterans Commission meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. today was cancelled.
The Workforce Housing Committee meeting scheduled for February 7 at 10 a.m. has been cancelled.
For information about all City Meetings, visit https://prescottaz.portal.civicclerk.com/